How to Record and Submit
Thanks for your interest in becoming an EMS Safety Instructor Trainer. Read the tips below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions along the way.
To streamline IT certification, EMS Safety has developed a process in which you can submit two video recordings of you teaching two of the assigned topics. This process eliminates the need for you to be evaluated in person. While the same evaluation standards apply, we have eliminated the logistical challenges.
- Review the materials and prepare your presentation
- For lectures, follow the layout in the Instructor Manual, discuss content related to the bold and blue terms
- For skill demonstrations, refer to the skill practice pages in the Lecture Guide or the Skill Sheets in the back of the Instructor Manual
- Practice, record and review your presentation. When you are satisfied, submit it
- Introduce yourself
- Define the topic
- What are the objectives?
- Corresponding page number in the student workbook
- Establish importance of the topic
- Motivate the audience
- Why is it important?
- Use the student workbook to review the topic
- Have a beginning, middle, and end
- Insert discussion points or questions
- Conclude with a summary of the key points
- It may feel awkward talking to the camera, but just treat it like a student in the class
- Do not read verbatim from the student workbook
- We want to see and hear how YOU present the content
- Use the Instructor Manual as a reference to stay on track
You will be evaluated on:
- A positive, varied tone. Avoid being monotone
- Appropriate volume
- Eye contact
- Knowledge level
- Appropriate use of the student workbook
Select one topic from the list of approved lectures listed below and select a second topic from the approved skills section below.
|Approved Lecture Topics:
|• Chain of Survival
||• Heart Attack
|• CPR Overview
||• Difficulty Breathing
|• CPR and AED Considerations
||• Diabetic Emergencies
||• Heat-Related Emergencies
|• Adult CPR
||• Child CPR
||• Adult Choking Care
|• Infant CPR
||• Infant Choking Care
Review the Instructor Manual and prepare your presentations.
Download the Video Lecture Evaluation and Video Skill Evaluation forms. These are the same forms EMS Safety will use to review your presentations. Record the two topics you selected.
- Stay on topic
- Be concise
- Shoot landscape (wide version). If you’re using a smart phone, turn it sideways.
- Keep the camera steady -use a steady surface or tripod
- Use your resources. The evaluators will be reviewing the video through the eyes of a student in your class. Make sure we can follow along.
Upload your video to a file sharing service and send us the link to view and download your video. There are some great and free services out there.
Use any of these file sharing services to upload, store and share your video:
Once your videos are uploaded, email the links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following information:
- Your name
- A photo Identification (we need to verify it’s you)
- A link to the file location of your submitted videos
After You Submit the Videos
EMS Safety will review the videos using the Instructor Manual and evaluation forms. Our goal is to review them within 7 business days of receipt of your email. After the review, we will provide you with a copy of the evaluation and an email welcoming you as an EMS Safety IT, or guidance on how you can improve your teaching presentations. Remember, the IT is the role model for Trainees!
Thank you for learning about your IT video submissions! If you have questions on what to record, or how to record it or share it with us, email us at email@example.com.