Stress can impact your mind and body in many ways. It causes mental and physical side effects and can result in turning to other unhealthy habits. Long-term stress, or chronic stress, can also increase your risk for heart disease and heart attack.
To reduce stress, consider implementing these actions:
- Exercise regularly to relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
- Go outdoors and explore your surroundings.
- Unplug from technology.
- Reconnect with friends and family to tap into your support network.
- Get a full night’s sleep.
- Practice relaxation techniques.
- Find a hobby to distract your mind.
- Implement your own self-care practices.
- Get professional help if your stress feels unmanageable.
Check out the HSI Emergency Care blog for more information about reducing stress.