Winter storms present many challenges and dangers. Keep yourself and your family safe by preparing for winter storms by:
- Signing up for emergency alerts in your area and paying attention to local weather reports and warnings of freezing weather and winter storms.
- Prepping your home to keep the cold out (e.g. insulation, caulking and weather stripping).
- Gathering emergency supplies tailored to each family member and pet.
- Creating an emergency disaster kit for your vehicle.
- Learning the signs of frostbite and hypothermia.
Check out the HSI Emergency care blog for more information about preparing for a winter storm.
Recent Blog Posts
November is National Diabetes Month, and this year we’re focusing on a serious health condition that is a precursor to Type 2 diabetes: prediabetes. Risk factors for prediabetes include:… read more →