Emotions run high during an emergency. So, it’s important to know the basics of calling 911 to help ensure emergency assistance arrives as fast as possible. Follow these best practices for calling 911:
- Don’t hang up on 911, even if you called by mistake.
- Stay calm and answer question as best as possible.
- Know the location of the emergency.
- Teach your child how to call 911.
- Post your address at the entrance of your home.
Check out the HSI Emergency Care blog for more detailed tips for calling or texting 911.