As more workplaces return to in-person settings, its vital employers continue to update COVID-19 policies and procedures to protect their employees and customers.
Here’s a few ways the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends preventing workplace exposure:
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Conduct daily in-person or virtual health checks.
- Incorporate testing for COVID-19 into workplace preparedness, response and control plans.
- Identify where and how workers might be exposed to individuals with COVID-19 at work.
- Take action if an employee is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19.
Check out the HSI Emergency Care blog for more detailed action steps and for workplace resources.