As 2020 comes to an end, we’re looking forward to safely celebrating the holidays during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some safety considerations to think about this holiday season.
- Move your holiday celebration to a remote forum by using a video conference tool. Thanks to technology, you can still open gifts and have a family meal together all from a safe distance.
- Limit the number of people attending an in-person event from different households.
- Require everyone to wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose.
- Avoid direct contact (e.g. hugs and handshakes) and try to remain at least six feet apart when possible.
- Opt to have your gathering outside. If your event is indoors, take steps to increase ventilation by opening windows and doors, or by setting your central air and heating system to continuously circulate.
- Agree to avoid contact with people outside of your households for 14 days before your holiday gathering.
Check out the HSI Emergency Care blog for more holiday safety considerations, including fire prevention tips.