New Instructor Portal Features
We have added a few new features to the Instructor Portal! Click the link below to see instructions on how to use the new features.
Invite a Student to Join Your Class
Instructors can use the student enrollment link to email prospective students a direct link to enroll in the class they have created through the Instructor Portal. The student enrollment link can reduce the amount of data entry an Instructor would normally have if they were filling out the roster manually. To start using the student enrollment link, follow these instructions:
- Open the digital roster for the class that you would like to copy the link from using the "My Classes" tab or schedule a new class.
- At the bottom of the roster, you will find the option to create a link. There are two check boxes:
Use Class Address – If checked, this will autofill each student’s address on the enrollment form with the class address. If left unchecked, the student will need to enter their address when enrolling.
Ask for Mobile Number – If checked, this will insert a field that asks the student to provide a mobile number on the enrollment form. If left unchecked, the student will not be asked for a phone number.
- Check the options preferred for the class, then press the “Create Class Link” button.
- A registration link will be generated, which you may copy and paste into an email and send to prospective students.
- When a student clicks the link, they will be prompted to enter an email address.
- If their email address already exists in our system, they will be prompted to enter their password to complete registration for the class.
- If they are not in our system, they will complete the enrollment form and click submit.
- Students who have completed the form or logged in using the class link will automatically show up on the digital roster in the Instructor’s Portal.
Note: If a new link is accidentally created, the old link becomes invalid. However, anyone already enrolled in the class will not be affected. Links can be created for both private and public classes listed on the “Find a Class” page.
Resend Course Completion Email
Instructors can resend the course completion email that is automatically sent to each student when the digital roster is submitted. To resend the course completion email, follow these instructions:
- Open the completed roster that contains the student(s) you would like to resend the “Course Completed” email to
- Check the box to the left of the student(s) that need the email to be resent
- At the bottom of the page, there is a drop-down menu for sending out emails
- Choose the option “Send Digital Certs”
- The system will send an email to the email address listed on the roster for the checked students
- The email that is sent will give the student a link to setup an account in the Student Portal and access to their digital certification (if applicable)
Export Student and Class Information
Instructors can export class and student information from their submitted digital rosters. This feature helps enhance recordkeeping abilities.
- There are 2 export buttons on the bottom of the “My Account” page
- Export Without Student Information - Exports a spreadsheet that lists all previously completed digital rosters
- Export with Student Information- Exports a spreadsheet that lists all previously completed digital rosters and includes a tab with all the students’ information