October is National Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Month
October is National Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Month and EMS Safety wants to do our part to help raise awareness.
During the entire month of October, when you donate a Senior AED/CPR/First Aid class, EMS Safety will recognize you as an SCA Hero!
Each SCA Hero receives:
- An "SCA Hero" wall certificate
- A "Teaching Skills 4 Life" T-shirt
- Showcased on our SCA Hero page: www.emssafety.com/SCAhero
At the end of the month, EMS Safety will crown the most active SCA Hero as our SCA Champion! The SCA Champion receives a FREE KINDLE FIRE HD and their business will be spotlighted in a future EMS Safety Newsletter!
How to Enter:
- Order your Senior AED/CPR/First Aid Workbooks
- Teach the class
- Take a picture of your class or student with the Senior workbook
- Post the image to the EMS Safety Facebook page.
What if I don't have a Facebook page?
Not to worry - just send your picture to your EMS Safety Territory Manager and you will be automatically recognized once we post the picture for you!
Where do I start?
Our senior population is at high risk for Sudden Cardiac Arrest but doesn't get nearly enough attention. Offer a class to your local recreation center, assisted living facility, senior living community, retirement home, long-term care home or AARP chapter!
Benefits of donating a class:
- Press: Be sure to contact your local paper and let them know you are donating the class. Not only will they appreciate the story, but they will include your name in the story! Often these same papers offer online news, and your story will appear both in print and online!
- Preparation: Many of us have parents or loved ones whose living situation would benefit from AED/CPR/First Aid training that is specially designed for the senior community. Offer a class to the caregivers and residents of a facility where your family member lives, and rest easier knowing they are better prepared to handle an emergency!
- Word-of-Mouth: The tried and true method for gaining visibility in your community.
- Tax write-off: All donations and associated costs may be tax deductible.
- Share your story: This is built-in content for you to share on your own website, Facebook page, LinkedIn or other social media outlet! It's important for your customers to see activity on your web pages to keep them coming back for more.
Don't Wait. Start your SCA Hero journey today with the Senior CPR/AED/First Aid workbooks.