After a disaster, like the tragedy at the naval shipyard in our nation's capital, it is important to consider the effect it will have on children. Here's more information from the CDC Blog, Helping Children Cope with Disaster.
- Inform children and start the conversation.
- After a disaster, children may show a change in their mood or behavior
- Children often show no obvious signs of distress.
- Children may show post-traumatic reactions...
- Help Children cope with their distress.
- Teaching children how to cope with distress every day is a good way to prepare for disasters.
Click HERE for the full article.