Let’s face it, training manikins, AED trainers, and first aid supplies for your courses can get expensive. Proper maintenance is imperative in order for you and your students to get the most out of your courses. Here are some tips:
Cleaning and Maintenance for CPR Manikins and Medical Simulators:
- Follow manufacturer directions (when available) for cleaning, disassembling, and storing manikins.
- Always have students use CPR Practice Shields while training.
- Manikins should always be cleaned and dried after use, and prior to storing.
- Use BZK Antiseptic Wipes, warm soapy water, or a very low chemical-based cleaner for disinfecting.
- Wash all external and internal surfaces with disinfecting solution.
- Rinse all surfaces with fresh water.
- Dry immediately.
- Store in a dry, cool place.
Cleaning and Maintenance for AED Trainers:
- Wipe down AED trainer with BZK Antiseptic Wipes or a damp cloth with cleaning solution.
- Return pads to their proper storage place.
- Replace pads that have lost their adhesiveness, become worn, torn, or dirty, and always follow manufacturer recommendations. To see which replacement pads we offer, please check our online store.
- If your AED trainer is rechargeable, ensure that you charge it in time for your next course.
- If your AED trainer requires batteries, always bring an extra set with you.
First Aid Materials:
- Always inspect and replace first aid materials as needed after every course.
- Check out our online store for Student First Aid Training Kits. We buy in bulk and pass the savings on to you!
Comments are closed.